"You want weapons? We’re in a library. Books! The best weapons in the world!"
— Doctor Who
"We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don’t have books, don’t fuck them."
— John Waters
Anonymous asked: "You seem to like books. If you could only keep 5 books in your life (series count as just 1) what would you choose and why would you choose them?"
Reading this, my jaw dropped, because I have absolutely no idea where to start… If I truly could only read five book for the rest of my life, I would sob for days. Books have always been one of my greatest companions. However, my picks would have to be:
- Harry Potter (I’d explain why, but isn’t it obvious to all who have been on the adventure? The characters are my cherished friends.)
- The Lord of the Rings (I’ll forever feel that the journey was also my own.)
- Charlotte’s Web (It was the first “big book” I ever read on my own as a child and it inspired me to read more, more and more.)
- Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (OZ, the location of my favorite childhood tale, became a new, wonderful world for me to explore and fall in love with again as an adult.)
- The Complete Brothers Grimm Tales (I’m not sure if picking a “complete” edition is allowed in answering this question, but I could never allow this book to leave my possession.)